Company: Premier Sport Psychology, PLLC
Location: Minneapolis metro area in Minnesota
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Premier Sport Psychology (PSP) is one of the largest sport psychology firms in the country. Our team consults with athletes, coaches, and sport organizations of every level from professional and Olympic, through collegiate and youth sports. We provide a range of services and products to the sport community and are searching for a Business Development Director to join our management team to oversee all areas of business development. We are looking for a goal-oriented self-starter to join the team. The goal of this position is to promote the products and services offered, increase satisfaction to referral sources, and ultimately increase volume of sales for PSP.
PSP Mission: Premier Sport Psychology exists to empower people to think better, feel better, perform better, and be better.
- Premier Service
- Growth Mindset
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the business development efforts of PSP.
- Prepare short and long-range strategic plans (in partnership with operations and executive management team), including implementation of such to identify and grow PSP sales in assigned sport market segments.
- Shape and achieve sales goals to meet key performance indicators (in partnership with executive management).
- Collaborate with sport psychologists and content development team to refine and develop new products.
- Actively research and determine where specific PSP products/services fit and can be presented as a solution for new product lines outside the core business or add to PSP core business.
- Make and manage sales of professional services (presentations, workshops, retreats, contracted FTEs, etc).
- Make and manage sales of online product suite (see com for more details).
- Prepare sales quotes and negotiate and manage mutually beneficial business partnerships between new and existing clientele.
- Create and implement sales and marketing processes including:
- Customer relationship management platform and processes.
- Creating leads through marketing efforts across different platforms.
- Build interpersonal relationships and maintain contact with employees, community members, and/or clients.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of sport markets, PSP products/services, and competitive sport landscape.
- Attract, develop, and maintain new business opportunities you acquire.
- Manage marketing and social media campaigns within PSP.
- BS degree in business marketing or equivalent experience and education
- Making, prospecting and/or qualifying sales calls
- Customer contract negotiations
- Marketing experience
- Mental health and/or sport markets experience or knowledge
- Social media experience
- Customer relationship management – the ability to interview others, penetrate markets, and interface with key organizational leaders to obtain needed information to stay current on the sport and mental health community needs.
- Conflict resolution – responsible for service recovery and identifying process challenges and using negotiation tactics to encourage resolution.
- Marketing – promotional skills to effectively share PSP’s message at the local and national level using engagement and outreach skills.
- Administrative skills – MSOffice, Excel, CRM, and reliability to provide weekly reporting.
- Writing skills – expert business etiquette in responding to phone, email, and text communication with referral sources.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced sales environment
- Must be able to collaborate and lead other sales personnel and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability in developing long-term mutually rewarding customer relationships.
- Demonstrated financial knowledge (understands P&L and balance sheet).
- Working understanding of sport market segments at different levels (professional, Olympic, collegiate, youth).
Benefits/Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits are included.
If interested, please submit the following application materials:
- Completed Premier Sport Psychology Employment Application (Download HERE)
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae
- 2-3 Professional References
All questions and applications should be sent via email to:
Savanna Townsend, email@example.com
Premier Sport Psychology
7401 Metro Blvd, Suite 510
Edina, MN 55439