Company: Premier Sport Psychology, PLLC and JSA Advising
Location: Minneapolis metro area in Minnesota
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
This position will work with two sister organizations staffed by the same team; Premier Sport Psychology and JSA Advising. Premier Sport Psychology (PSP) is one of the largest sport psychology firms in the country. Our team consults with athletes, coaches, and sport organizations of every level from professional and Olympic, through collegiate and youth sports. JSA Advising is a business consulting firm specializing in leadership development, emotional intelligence training, performance psychology, executive coaching, and ownership transitions.
We provide a range of services and products to the sport and business community and are searching for a Director of Leadership to lead our leadership and organizational consulting group at PSP and JSA Advising. We are looking for a goal-oriented, self-starter to join our team and help us grow as we consult with sport organizations and businesses to develop strong leadership skills and improve team culture.
Premier Sport Psychology exists to empower people to think better, feel better, perform better, and be better.
- Premier Service
- Growth Mindset
The Director of Leadership will lead the PSP and JSA Leadership Development consulting groups and curriculum team. Core responsibilities of this role include coordinating, developing, managing, facilitating, and evaluating leadership development, team building and engagement programs utilizing adult and accelerated learning methodologies, tools and assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the leadership development team in creating and implementing leadership curriculum, services, and products for PSP and JSA clients.
- Developing and using key assessment tools to drive engagement with new and existing clients.
- Networking and building relationships in sport and business communities.
- Working alongside our Senior Director of Business Development to sell products and services.
- Using an estimating model to accurately price products and services sold.
- Implementing and marketing new products and services.
- Working closely with the Director of Research and Development to measure efficacy of services and products to ensure growth and development of key areas in clients.
- Working closely with the directors’ group to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and strategic growth of the company.
- Providing delivery method recommendations.
- Consulting with business owners, board of directors, and executive management teams on leadership development, transition of ownership and management, and creating a high-performing culture.
- Master’s level education in industrial and organizational psychology, leadership development, organizational development, or similar field
- Experience and training in using valid assessment tools
- Consulting with organizations to deliver leadership development or related content and or programming
- Client engagement and management
- Group facilitation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leading teams
- Effective communication
- Team oriented
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to build strong relationship internally and with clients
- Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology, leadership development, organizational development, or similar field
- 5+ years work experience in related field
- Pricing of services and products
- Family business dynamics knowledge
- Sport markets knowledge
Compensation is competitive, based on education and experience. Depending on performance and workload, bonus opportunities are available. Benefits include health insurance, malpractice insurance, contributions to a retirement plan (after 1 year of tenure), paid parental leave, as well as a flexible schedule. The position will also receive professional development time and funds (to be determined).
If interested, please submit the following application materials:
- Completed Premier Sport Psychology Employment Application (Download HERE)
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae
- 2-3 Professional References
All questions and applications should be sent via email to:
Savanna Townsend, firstname.lastname@example.org
Premier Sport Psychology
7401 Metro Blvd, Suite 510
Edina, MN 55439